Aomori Museum of Art
Opened in 2006, this art museum primarily houses and displays local cultural art of Aomori City and Aomori Prefecture. It is characterized by its unique architecture whereby the building is combined with the adjoining Sannai-Maruyama Jomon Era ruins. In the center of the museum is the Aleko Hall, where one can see in one glance all 4 masterpieces of the master Marc Chagall's 4 backdrops from the ballet ''Aleko'' until March 2021 (proposed). A broad range of standard exhibit items include western art, Japanese style paintings, modern art, and works by local artists. Take the city bus from Aomori Station and disembark at Kenritsu Bijutukan-Mae bus stop.
- Aomori Pref. Aomorishi Yasuta Chikano 185
- Aomori City Area
- 9:30-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- 2nd/Apr. (In the case of Public holidays, the next day, special exhibitions, exhibition changes, etc. may change), New Year's holiday
[Collection Exhibition (Permanent Exhibition)] General510yen, High School Students 300yen, Elementary and Junior High School Students100yen (May change depending on the exhibition contents)
[Special Exhibition] Different for each exhibition
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, UnionPay)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- Available (Available if available in the menu)
- English Menu
Temporary suspension:Currently closed (information as of May 8, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Interesting collection
- The museum is modern with a good collection of art by Yoshitomo Nara, and huge backdrops of the ballet Aleko by Chagall.Aomori-ken (Aomori Dog) is situated outside the museum building. Visitors...
- Sounds like the success of your visit depends on what is currently being exhibited. The first impression you get from the outside of the building is an impressive one. A grand building set on a...
- Good collection and nice architecture!
- I visited this place to see the architecture! I purposely went in Febraury to see the building against snow. I wasnt disappointed! It also has a quite impressive collection especially of Yoshitomo...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.