Tanaka Sake Brewery Kikkogura
Located only a 5-minute walk from the JR Minami Otaru Station, this is only sake brewery in Otaru. It proudly makes the Japanese sake brand, Takaragawa, Otaru Bijin liqueur, and Maho-no-Itteki hon-mirin, a sweet rice wine for cooking. Its stone masonry warehouse, built around 1905 is designated as one of Otaru's historic building. At the store, one can enjoy free sake-tastings of sake shipped direct from the brewery, Shiboritate fresh bottled sake without pasteurization, and approximately 10 other varieties of seasonal sakes. Brewery tours where one can observe the production process are offered for free all year round. *Reservations needed for groups over 10.
- Hokkaido Otarushi Nobukachou 2-2 Map
- Otaru Area
- open everyday
- [Tour fee] Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, Diners Club)
- Not available
- English Menu
- Available (supported by pamphlet)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Possible (with elevator)
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Great Tastings
- Unfortunately no English tours but theyre happy to provide tastings. I enjoyed it. The best sake Ive had. hint:look on the backside of shelf labels for English info.
- We went about 5pm and it was very quiet
- Not sure how the place would be in the day time. We reached at 5 plus in the evening and it was very quiet. Tried their signature sake but did not manage to experience the resturant as it’s closed...
- Interesting and educational
- I joined the sake making free tour and it was very interesting. We went through to the different sections of the production process. Within the short 15-20 minutes, I was able to learn something...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.