Historical Village of Hokkaido
Museum / Science Museum
The Historical Village of Hokkaido is an outdoor museum which reproduces the frontier days of Hokkaido where you can learn about frontier history. There are four separate areas which are the Farm Village, the Sea Village, the Mountain Village and the City and you can walk through each village to experience the different atmospheres. At the Frontier Village Restaurant in the museum, you can eat the simple but delicious “Imo Mochi” and the restaurant’s original Tondenhei (Settlers’) Set Meal.
- Hokkaido Sapporoshi Atsubetsu-ku Atsubetsuchou Konopporo 50-1
- Sapporo Suburbs Area
[10/1-4/30] 9:00-16:30 (last entry 16:00)
[5/1-9/30] 9:00-17:00 (last entry 16:30)
Monday(The next day in the case of public holidays)
[May- Sep.]open everyday
[Admission fee] Adults800yen, High School Students/University students 600yen
* Junior High School Students and below/Over 65 students are free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- English Menu
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Interesting place to understand Hokkaido history
- A MUST GO if you want to learn about Hokkaido Culture, History... in an easy way, visiting different buildings displaced reconstructed (or replicas). Spend at least 2 or 3 hours if you want to enter...
- When Sapporo is sunny
- We visited the Historical Village of Hokkaido last time we visited Japan. It was mid autumn, and therefore snow was lacking, but the village was interesting all the same. It is easy to get around and...
- Pioneer Village
- We enjoyed this village with over 50 public and private buildings. Many are not original; but was very interesting anyway. The buildings were placed very close to one another so even though this...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.