Other Sightseeing Spot
This leisure complex is in Awaji City, Hyogo Prefecture. Designed by the architect Tadao Ando, as a whole it forms a unique, dynamic Kaiyu style, Japanese style garden with a path around a central pond. It hosted the Japan Flora 2000 international flower, gardening and landscape exhibition. The elaborate gardens feature the Hyakudan-en, a hundred stepped flower bed where guests can enjoy seasonal flowers year-round. The lookout has a view of the grounds and Akashi Kaikyo National Government Park. They have three restaurants serving Japanese, Western, and Chinese cuisine, and two shops where you can purchase Awaji Island souvenirs. It's wheelchair accessible, pet friendly, and fun for the whole family.
- Hyougo Pref. Awajishi Yumebutai 2 Map
- Awaji Island Area
※Depending on the facility
- Depending on the facility
※ Excluding special exhibitions
※ Other Depending on the facility
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DC, UFJ Female, Inject Credit, Cleveland, Shield Jippin)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Possible (Cards must be worn. Restaurants, shops and greenhouses are not allowed)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- What a fabulous use of space. The flowers were gorgeous and the stairs that allow you to walk among them is such a great idea! Really worth walking around and listening to the water running down the...
- There is so much to see at this complex, that we didnt see it all - but the hundred-step flower garden, the architecture, for a start, are well worth wandering around.
- Uplifting landscape design
- I went to this place because I am an architect who admires Tadao Ando, the great Japanese architect who design this place. It was designed to be a memorial of earthquake victim. The site is very...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.