East Rokko Observatory
Observatory / Outlook
An observatory located close to the Hoden Gate and the Ashiya Gate on the Royu Driveway. A part of Setonaikai National Park, the observatory has been selected for inclusion in a list of Japan's 100 most beautiful night views due to the splendor of the city lights and starry sky visible from its location 645 meters above sea level. Used to film scenes for television dramas, visitors are also encouraged to enjoy a sunrise or sunset from the observatory. The observatory's most attractive feature is its expansive panoramic view which encompasses Osaka International Airport, Kansai International Airport, Awaji Island, Tomogashima Island, and the western Kansai region. A cafe operates at the observatory on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays and offers takeout. Visitors can also pick up tourism pamphlets here.
- Hyougo Pref. Nishinomiyashi Koshimizu Shakegouyama Inside the driveway Map
- [Normal season] Open 24 hours [Winter season (Jan.--Feb.)] 7:00-24:00 [Ashiya Route Cafe (Saturday Sunday Public holidays only)] 10:00-16:30
- According to Ashi Driveway
- Free (Ashi Driveway toll Friday is required separately)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Average budget
- [Day] 1-1,000yen [Night] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Great views of Osaka from the mountain
- Mt. Rokkō offers great views of two regional cities- Kobe and Osaka. This particular overlook shows you views of Osaka from afar, and includes a map indicating where you are and at what elevation...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.