"A Shinto shrine conveniently located a three-minute walk from Kobe Station and Kosoku Kobe Station as well as a five-minute walk from Okurayama Station and Harborland Station. The shrine is dedicated to Kusunoki Masashige, who worked to take down the Kamakura shogunate government and later battled the army of Ashikaga Takauji. Locally, the shrine is known as ""Nanko-san."" The grounds encompass a graveyard and battleground designated National Historic Sites. The Nanko Festival, started as an unofficial festival by private citizens on May 25, 1872, is now held every five years; during the festival, a parade is conducted with people dressed in traditional samurai costumes. The shrine also holds wedding ceremonies throughout the year."
- Hyougo Pref. Koubeshi Chuou-ku Tamondori 3-1-1 Map
- open everyday
[Treasure Hall] [Adult] 300yen
[High school/college student] 200yen
[Small/Junior High School Students] 100yen
- Parking Lot
Available (20 spaces for prayers and worshipers only)
※Parking such as New Year's holiday
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Traditional and very peaceful shrine
- One of the first things that struck me about Minatogawa Shrine besides its beauty was how peaceful it is. There werent a lot of tourists at the shrine and it was nice to walk around and enjoy the...
- Peaceful shrine to visit
- This shrine is located about 100m from the JR Kobe Station. It has quite a grand entrance which is beautiful lit up at night, and is a nice a peaceful place to visit during the daytime.Inside can...
- わが子の初宮詣と七五三をやりました traditional and famous shrine
- Kobe people say Nanko-san here and feel kindly.There ae a lot of traditional events here.In my sons case, Here is the first place for him to visit.For Japanese people, First visiting shrine is...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.