Japan Snake Center
This is the only research and exhibition facility in Japan which specializes in snakes. It is located approximately 10 minutes' walk from the Tobu Kiryu Line's Yabuzuka Station. Its main purpose is the research and uses of venomous snakes, and in the Venomous Snake Terrarium, visitors can see King Cobras, Rattlesnakes and other snakes from around the world. In the Orochi Terrarium, large snakes such as the yellow anaconda and alligator snapping turtles are on display. Viper venom extraction demonstrations are held on weekends and national holidays in the Antivenom Room.
- Gunma Pref. Otashi Yabudukachou 3318
- Eastern Area
[Mar.- Oct.]9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
[Nov.- Feb.]9:00-16:30(Last entry16:00)
- Friday (excluding public holidays, summer holidays, etc.)
[Adults(Junior high school students and older)]1,000yen
[Children (4 years old and up to Elementary school students)]500yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 12, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Yes (enter from the north exit)
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- If you love snakes
- In a remote-ish part of Gunma, the snake center is very interesting to visit. Foreign tourists will probably not want to visit, as it takes a while to get to, but its fun. Its a little old, but you...
- Really sad
- I was really excited to visit this snake center but upon arriving it was obvious the place is falling apart. As a snake owner I know whats acceptable and what is not. And the living conditions here...
- Interesting for the wrong reasons
- As a glimpse into the past this place is a gem. On visiting we found an all but abandoned Snake Zoo, almost like visiting Jurassic Park a year after the first film ends. The ticket booth was manned...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.