Gunma Museum of Art, Tatebayashi (群馬県立館林美術館)
"This museum is located in Tatebayashi City, Gunma Prefecture, approximately 20 minutes' walk from the Tobu Isesaki Line's Tatara Station. It primarily collects works by artists such as François Pompon's ""L'Ours Blanc"" and Yoshio Fujimaki's ""Jonuma no Fuyu"" that help provide an understanding of modern contemporary art and progress made. Among the works collected here, there are exhibitions being held in four exhibition rooms on the theme of nature and humanity. There are also various events held in the auditorium and workshop rooms, and a restaurant and shop located inside the museum."
Gunma Pref. Tatebayashishi Hinatachou 2003 (Kiryu / Isesaki / WataraseArea)
Review of Gunma Museum of Art, TatebayashiTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Inside the museum is a free area and a fee area. If a fan of modern Japanese art...
- Gunma Pref. Tatebayashishi Hinatachou 2003 [map]
- 9:30-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
- Monday (The next day in the case of Public holiday), New Year's Holiday, exhibition change, etc. There may be days when the facility is closed.
[GW, Buddhist vacation (week including 8/15)] open everyday
- Depends on the exhibition
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available (Wi-Fi provided in the hall)
* Entrance only
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Gunma prefecture is synonymous with onsen. Natural hot spring water sources throughout the prefecture have given rise to a series of small onsen towns, each set among luscious mountains. At Kusatsu, Ikaho, and Minakami, traditional indoor and outdoor bathing experiences are served hand in hand with irresistible onsen-themed food, including steam-cooked eggs and custard pudding.