Ryokan in Akita
Recommended new articles
A Stay at Yunoshimakan
- Up on a hill overlooking Gero Onsen town sits Yunoshimakan, a traditional Japanese ryokan specialising in hot springs. With a history of over 80 years, this spectacular building has garnered a reputation as one of the best ryokan in Gero Onsen with its status as a National Tangible Cultural Asset and its celebrity guests including the likes of Emperors Showa and Akihito. A Stay at Yunoshimakan Yunoshimakan is a grand sukiya style ryokan which was built over three years by local artisans and finally opened to the public in 1931. Set over three storeys, the ryokan offers a number of traditional rooms from the majestic main hall to the immaculate guest rooms, all complete with a private onsen and connected by atmospheric hallways. The top quality service starts the moment you arrive at Gero Station where a shuttle bus runs guests all the way up to the elegant entrance of the ryokan once an hour between 1:35pm and 5:35pm. A Stay at Yunoshimakan On top of its impressive architecture the ryokan is home to beautiful Japanese gardens which overlook the wooded hill that Yunoshimakan sits atop. The best spot to admire the colourful gardens from is the shared outdoor onsen which offers a relaxing and spacious bath for all guests to sit among the cedar and cypress trees, while visiting the indoor shared onsen promises mountain views almost as impressive from its large windows. A Stay at Yunoshimakan ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- Komagatake Onsen
- Hot Spring Ryokan
- Akita Senboku-shi Tazawako Obonai Shimotakano 80-68
We booked a big family room at a very reasonable price on Jalan. The onsen pools are right by the river and there are autumn colours to take in when you bathe. The private baths are open for all and...
- Ryokan Tarobee
- 121-5 Yumoto, Minase, Yuzawa-shi
A very pleasant stay. The hotel may not look impressive on the outside. But the room is bright, big and most of all clean. The dinner and breakfast is delicious. Staff is friendly and service is...
- Mizusawa Onsen
- Hot Spring Ryokan
- Akita Senboku-shi Tazawako Obonai Shimotakano 73-15
Location:~30 min from Tazawako train station by bus (510 yen, June-2015), ~15 min from Lake Tazawako ~15 min from Tchurunoyu onsen (more well-known hot spring...
- Hyutte Biruke
- Guest House
- Akita Senboku-shi Tazawako Obonai Shimotakano 72
If you would like to gain in-depth understanding of Japanese culture and their way of living then this maybe the place for you. Incredible food, everything is hand-picked & handmade by them. Okaasan...
- Ohmagari Youth Hostel
- Other Lodging Facility
- 46-1 Komoto-Fujiki, Fujiki, Daisen Akita
I stayed at this hostel for two nights over New Years in 2016/2017 (date is different from the required field on the submission page.) The owner is such a nice man. He was nice to talk to and he was...
Famed for its sake and samurai, Akita prefecture offers quintessential Japanese culture in a non-touristy setting. Alongside the celebrated rice paddies and historical sites of the region lies dramatic natural scenery in the form of the rugged coastline of the Oga Peninsula and the Dakigaeri Gorge, best visited in autumn, when the leaves begin to change color.
Best of Akita
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa