Ryokan in Aomori
Recommended new articles
Lamp no Yado Aoni Onsen
- Nestled in the Aoni Valley, deep in the lush mountains of Aomori is the traditional Lamp no Yado Aoni onsen. It’s one of the area’s most tranquil getaways, and arguably one of the most authentic onsen experiences you can still access today. Lamp no Yado Aoni Onsen Founded in 1929, the onsen and its surroundings have remained true to their original state. ‘Lamp no Yado Aoni’ translates in English to ‘the Inn of Lamps’, which is a very apt title given that the entire ryokan and onsen’s lighting is supplied by oil lamps dotted across the grounds. Though in the past the onsen and ryokan would run without electricity, these days the area boasts more slightly modern amenities, but only just enough to make sure that guests are comfortable while maintaining its authenticity and heritage. Lamp no Yado Aoni Onsen Tucked away from any form of modern civilization, Lamp no Yado Aoni is a journey to get to, but it’s worth it. Given its location, your method of transport and its regularity will depend on the season. In the warmer months visitors can drive or catch the Konan Railway Konan Line to the city of Kuroishi station. From the station, you catch the local Route Bus to Nijinoko-kouen bus stop, where a private bus runs four times daily between 9am and 4pm. Lamp no Yado Aoni Onsen ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- Ishiba Ryokan
- 55,Mototera-machi Hirosaki Aomori
The owner was so helpful, the rooms were great and breakfast was delicious. A beatiful original hotel that dates back to the late 1800s. Tastefully decorated and warm and cosy. The owner excelled...
- Awone Shirakami Juniko
- Other Lodging Facility
- Aomori Pref. Nishitsugarugunfukauramachi Matsukami Shimohamamatsu 14
On my first night during the trip in Tohoku, I stayed in Awone Shirakami Jyuniko. I learnt about this hotel when I was reading a travel blog. I was attracted to it at first sight. There were about 20...
- Minshuku Kaikyoso
- Guest House
- Aomori Shimokita-gun Omamachi Oma Taira 17-734
- Aqua Green Village ANMON
- Other Lodging Facility
- Aomori Pref. Nakatsugarugunnishimeyamura Kawaratai Okawazoe 417
We took a chance and reserved this place via Rakuten even though there was very little English information about it. We werent disappointed with our stay, but we felt that there were too many things...
- Hot Spring Ryokan
- Aomori Pref. Hirakawashi Ikarigaseki Nishikarigasekiyama 185
I am truly impressed by the warmth of this onsen hotel. The owner has the gift of hospitality that is reflected in the design of the rooms, onsen and the meals. Though the onsen is a little small...
Centuries-old stories of samurai at Kakunodate and the remains of millennia-old archaeological sites including the likes of Isedotai invite history buffs to delve into Aomori's fascinating history. As the most northern prefecture on the Japanese mainland, Aomori enjoys a cooler climate, which makes it a welcome escape from the southern cities for combining castles, art galleries, and summer festivals with the great outdoors.
Best of Aomori
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa