Accommodations in Matsushima / Shiogama
Recommended new articles
Where to Stay in Miyagi
- Thanks to Miyagi's position both by the sea and by the Japanese ski slopes, it's the perfect getaway spot for those wanting to escape the manic energy that is city life. In order to accommodate holiday demand, this prefecture is home to some of the best and most diverse hotels in all of Japan. Whether you're after Japanese style rooms, western interiors or even a tropical Balinese twist here you'll find an accommodation option to suit your taste. Bansuitei Ryokan Bansuitei Ryokan There are a number of great ways to stay in Matsushima during your visit, but one of the most authentic ways to really appreciate the area is by staying at a laid back family run ryokan. For friendly family run service you can't go past Bansuitei Ryokan in Sendai. Located in the heart of the city, everything you want to see and do around Sendai is within walking or at least very short traveling distance. From Nishi Park to Jozenji Temple and Aoba Shrine, all these hot spots are less than an easy 15 minute walk from your hotel room. Bansuitei Ryokan The rooms at Bansuitei offer classic Japanese style interiors with all the amenities you've come to expect from high quality hotel living. Large tatami floored rooms with full bathrooms and high speed wi-fi occupy this hotel. No matter whether you're traveling with the family or making a solo visit to the area, there's something here for every traveler. As well as the diverse yet authentic sleeping options, the hotel also offers some of the finest Japanese dining in the area no matter how long your visit, the team behind Bansuitei will make your stay here in Sendai unforgettable. Hotel Ubudo Hotel Ubudo For something a little different then maybe it's worth exploring everything Hotel Ubudo has to offer. This large onsen hotel features some stunning hot spring baths as well as large Japanese rooms with a more unique twist. Located near the heart of the city, this clean and professional hotel features Bali-style rooms, so you can live out your tropical fantasies here in the centre of Japan. If you're planning on spending some time exploring the history of the town, this hotel is the perfect place to set up camp. Located an easy 10 minute walk from Fukurajima and the historical Date Masamune museum everything you want to see and do is just a stone's throw away. Petit Hotel Bistro Abalon Petit Hotel Bistro Abalon Another Matsushima accommodation option worth considering while you're in the area is Petit Hotel Bistro Abalon located in the heart of Matsushima. The hotel offers both Japanese and western style rooms and some of the most impressive views in the entire Matsushima area. Known as the smallest hotel in Matsushima, this humble accommodation packs a lot into its compact space. A restaurant that serves excellent local beef and seafood as well as an onsen bath, the team behind Petit Hotel Bistro Abalon really know how to make the most with what they've got. Petit Hotel Bistro Abalon A little more high end in terms of taste than some of the other hotels that occupy the area, the Petit Hotel Bistro is a perfect romantic getaway in the stunning surroundings of Matsushima. Located only eight minutes from Matsushima Kaigan station it’s easy to get there by foot if you are traveling by train from Sendai or any other surrounding towns. Petit Hotel Bistro Abalon ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- Matsushima Ichinobo
- 1-4 Hama, Takagi Matsushima-machi, Miyagi-gun
Good hotel !! I and my wife enjoyed an amazing view “Matsushima islands” - one of three breathtaking sceneries in Japan - from our room. At hot spring big bath of the highest floor we totally relax...
- Palace Matushu
- Other Lodging Facility
- Miyagi Pref. Miyagigunmatsushimamachi Takagi Hama 38
We stopped by just to have a cup of coffee as Japanese coffee habits tend toward afternoon openings. Although we were not hotel guests, we were received with incredible grace, served excellent...
- Komatsukan Kofutei
- Matsushimasenzui 35-2 Matsushima-cho Miyagi-gun
Location:At water edge overlooking Matsushima Bay, perfect view from room window behind old pine trees, including private open-air hotspring bath; Meals:Unbelievable fine dining 9-course dinner...
- Oedo-Onsen-Monogatari Matsushima Onsen Hotel Soukan
- 1-1 Hama, Isozaki, Matsushima-machi, Miyagi-gun
- Matsushima Sakan Shoan
- 1 Umenoki, Tetaru, Matsushima-machi, Miyagi-gun
As many have already noted before me, this is a beautiful ryokan in a more remote part of Matsushima, but with gorgeous views of the Bay. The pluses: 1. The service was top notch. We were welcomed...
Lying along the northeastern coast of Japan, Miyagi prefecture is home to lashings of natural parks, oysters, and hot springs. While the bustling city of Sendai offers some simple city entertainment, it's the Matsushima islands that deserve the most attention, having boosted the prefecture's reputation as one of Japan's most scenic views.
Best of Miyagi
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa