Souvenir in Kyoto
Recommended new articles
Kiyomizu ware painting and Pottery experience
- Craft your very own piece of Kiyomizu pottery 清水焼 at the Mori Pottery Museum, which runs pottery making and painting experiences. Kiyomizu ware was first produced along Gojozaka near the Kiyomizu Temple. You can paint a classic scene from Kyoto on your pottery or recreate a memory from your Japanese trip, making for the perfect souvenir.
- Don Quijote Kyoto Avanti
- Don Quixote
- Kyoto Kyoto-shi Minami-ku Higashikujonishisannocho 31-banchi
- Toretore Center
- Kyoto Maizuru-shi Shimofukui 905
- Arashiyama Station Hannari Hokkori Square
- Kyoto Kyoutoshi Ukyou-ku Saga Tenryuji temple 20-2
As mentioned about the Town itself which is frequented mainly by tourists, there are some locals as well and this is the place to mix with them as well This is an unusual station as it also has the...
- Kyoto Handy Craft Center
- Kyoto Kyoto-shi Sakyo-ku Shogoinentomicho 17
I really enjoyed stopping by this Center. It is a little like a museum gift shop. I liked the information about how some of the crafts are made. I bought a beautiful doll and it was shipped to my...
- Textiles / Clothing / Accessories
- Kyoto Kyoutoshi Ukyou-ku Sagashakadoudaimonchou 26
My boyfriend and I visited today and made some beautiful trays. We were seated in the traditional workshop, and made our trays alongside the 4th generation family who run the shop, and have been...
Its wooden tea houses, shuffling geisha, and spiritual sights have seen Kyoto hailed as the heart of traditional Japan, a world apart from ultramodern Tokyo. Despite being the Japanese capital for over a century, Kyoto escaped destruction during World War II, leaving behind a fascinating history which can be felt at every turn, from the fully gold-plated Kinkakuji Temple down to traditional customs such as geisha performances and tea ceremonies, which are still practiced to this day.
Best of Kyoto
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa