Shopping in Shimane
- Matsue Horikawa Local Beer Hall
- Beer Hall / Beer Restaurant
- Shimane Pref. Matsueshi Kurodachou 509-1
Had a very good Japanese lunch as part of a tour group. Hot plate between 4 people with choices of meats and fish to place and cook. Good local beer 540 yen each. Took the canal boat cruise from the...
- Enmusubi Chopsticks Hiranoya
- Shimane Pref. Izumoshi Taishachoukidukiminami 838-6
- Izumo Magatama no Sato Museum
- Shimane Pref. Matsueshi Tamayuchouyumachi 1755-1
This is the only place in Japan that cut and carve stone into a comma shape called Magatama. It is somehow looks like yin and yang. Magatama has been worn as aun amulet to protect the warlords from...
- En-musubi Yaegaki Yae
- Shimane Pref. Matsueshi Sakusachou 220-6
- Kaori Honpo Nakamuraya
- Shimane Pref. Odashi Omorichou Ginzan Tochi Hagitani
What Shimane prefecture lacks in size and population, it makes up for in scenery and ancient mythology. Izumo-taisha, in the middle of the prefecture, is said to be Japan's oldest Shinto shrine, where stories that delve into the creation of the Japanese race have been passed down over centuries. The 180 Oki Islands, a 40-minute ferry ride north of Sakaiminato, offer an undiscovered paradise well off the beaten track.
Best of Shimane
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa