Nightlife in Nagoya
Recommended new articles
Nightlife in Nagoya
- As one of Japan’s largest cities and the birthplace of pachinko there’s no doubt that the streets of Nagoya are still bustling after the sun goes down. While nightlife is often done in the form of work parties at an izakaya or solo arcade visits, Nagoya is also home to its fair share of Western style drinking holes which attract the more sociable imbibers both locals and visitors. Princess Street Princess Street If you’re not sure where to get started, make a beeline for Princess Street. The illuminated arches that line the street are a promising sign you’ve made it to the heart of Nagoya’s night scene. As well as having no shortage of game centres, karaoke bars, and restaurants the whole area, known as Sumiyoshi, is a hub for Nagoya’s youths who can be found hopping between the trendy bars on any day of the week. Silk Road Suntory Jigger Bar Silk Road Suntory Jigger Bar Arriving into the Sumiyoshi area, Silk Road Suntory Jigger Bar is one to look out for, tucked down an alleyway off Princess Street. This whiskey bar oozes cool from the word go as you enter through rotating doors to a long wooden bar counter that separates its brooding customers from the arched shelves which exhibit an impressive array of whiskeys and other spirits. While relaxing among locals you can sip your whiskey on the rocks or dare to venture out into unknown cocktail territory with a whiskey highball or a black pepper liqueur. Irish Pub Celts Irish Pub Celts While the people of Nagoya aren’t known for their congeniality, as seems to be the case worldwide, the city’s Irish pubs attract a friendly crowd. Irish Pub Celts, just a five-minute walk from Nagoya Station, offers a spacious and laidback pub that’s good for getting the night started. The large selection of beers on tap go well with the tastyーalthough admittedly unauthenticーWestern snacks which can all be purchased at reduced rates if you make it for happy hour between 5 and 7pm. CRITICAL HIT gaming bar CRITICAL HIT gaming bar Undoubtedly one of the quirkiest of Nagoya’s barsーand a personal favourite among the themed barsーis CRITICAL HIT. This bar owned by lifetime gamer Alex Fraioli combines drinking and English conversation exchange with some good old retro gaming. With 30-year-old game consoles available at each table, you can choose out of hundreds of 80s and 90s games to play at your table, drink in hand. American Dining Bar BJ American Dining Bar BJ The eastern side of Nagoya is home to the downtown district of Sakae. While shoppers dominate the area during the day, at night the seemingly infinite number of restaurants and bars fill up with a lively atmosphere. In spite of its questionable name and the large concentration of snack bars in the area, Bar BJ has an easy, laid back atmosphere that usually picks up as the night goes on as the bartenders start their cocktail flair show and the pole dancing begins. Shooters Sports Bar and Grill Shooters Sports Bar and Grill In the central Naka Ward of Nagoya, a stone’s throw from Princess Street, Shooters Sports Bar and Grill is the place for creature comforts. Attracting a predominantly international crowd, all the super friendly staff speak English while the menu offers a break from rice and noodles including American style, Italian, and Tex-Mex. Play a game of pool among sociable locals from near and far. ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- A maid Cafe & bar maidreamin Nagoya Osu Manekinekomae
- Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Naka-ku Osu 3-45-2 land pool Osu 1F
great service. friendly staff. i came here with a friend and it was a nice place to visit before i leave Japan.
- Aichi Nagoya-shi Naka-ku Nishiki 1-16-10
The food and the atmosphere were really good. The ribs were a particular highlight though everything looked great.
- Other Izakaya Pub
- Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Naka-ku Sakae 2-9-26 Paula Nagoya Building 2F
Coming here for one of the rugby matches during #RWC2019 only finding all seats and tables were reserved. Ending up at the bar where there was a free stool. Really enjoyed the match with some a good...
- Sky Lounge Jeanis
- Bar / Western Bar / Dining Bar
- Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Nakamura-ku Meieki 1-1-4 Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel 52F
Avoid getting caught for a 5,000 or 12,000 Yen cover-charge to get into the so-called Sky Lounge (charged to hotel guests, as well as members of the public). Once they have fleeced you for that, they...
- Maccaroni Nagoya
- Bar / Western Bar / Dining Bar
- 1-1-4, Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi, 450-0002
A good food and drinks. A good environment. My father left his mobile at the venue, i called the staff of the restaurant. She said will tried to help and I left my hotel address to them at Osaka. To...
Aichi is a prefecture of great natural beauty with Nagoya city at its heart, a busy hub home to a labyrinth of underground shops and the 17th-century Nagoya Castle. Castles are easy to find in this history-rich prefecture, but the highlight for history buffs has to be the Museum Meiji-mura, where preserved buildings from the turn of the 20th century are displayed in all their grandeur in an outdoor museum.
Best of Aichi
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa