Cafes in Nara
Recommended new articles
Shika no Fune
- Nara is best known for its historic temples and ancient history. Most visitors focus only on the preserved, bygone Nara, the ancient capital of Japan. However, the city is well set in modern times. Shika no Fune is a good example of modern Nara’s progress. The light-filled, multi-use space reflects Nara’s dedication to its local agriculture and people. Shika no Fune Shika no Fune has three dining components to its space: Mayu, Kamado, and Saezuri. Mayu is a wooden house refurbished as a tourist office. The traditional home was built in the early 1900s, combining elements of Japanese and Western architecture. The house now contains a Nara tourist information office, offering Wi-Fi, maps, and bicycle rentals with an English-speaking staff. Mayu also has a library and gallery. The library is a comfortable room filled with books on Nara. The gallery is in a storehouse and features a rotating set of exhibitions dedicated to the city. Mayu is open from 9 am to 5 pm daily. Shika no Fune Kamado is the resident dining hall of Shika no Fune. The small restaurant serves breakfast and lunch in a wooden, light-filled cafe. Breakfast is served from 8 to 11 am. There are two set options, one large and one small, both featuring Nara produce in a Japanese-inspired macrobiotic meal. Lunch is served from 11 am to around 3 pm, or when the food runs out. The lunch options vary from meat entrees, such as pork and beef, to vegetarian eggplant and lotus root. Each meal is served with Kamado’s signature fire-oven-cooked rice. The restaurant also serves as a small sundries store, selling the natural products used in its food. Kamado is open from 8 am to 6 pm daily. Shika no Fune ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- 22. December. 2018
- Café & Shop Kaon
- Nara Pref. Narashi Kasuganochou 160 Kasuga Taisha Shrine National Treasure 1st floor
The wisteria soft ice cream was really something special. Id never had that before. The matcha ice cream was nice as well:A little bitter, not too sweet. The location is great, a perfect place to...
- Nara Pref. Narashi Kunodouchou 13
Queued for half an hour and totally worth the wait! The daily special was awesome! There were a lot of vegetarian options too! Really love this cafe in the old town of Nara away from the crowd!
- Kuruminoki (Ichijo Branch)
- Nara Pref. Narashi Hourenchou 567-1
平日にいってもかなり並びます。 10：30からお店の前にボードがでるので名前を記入し、1枚目の用紙に名前を書くことができれば11：30のオープン時に席に座ることができますが、記入できなければかなり待つことになります。 ランチは季節のお野菜と奈良らしい食材のお料理で、毎回美味しいです。 雑貨店と洋服のセレクトショップもお洒落なものが置いていています。 雑貨店で購入できるケチャップでオムライスを作...
- K Coffee
- Other Coffee Shop
- Nara Pref. Yamatokoriyamashi Yanagi 4-46
- Coccolo* Café
- Other Coffee Shop
- Nara Pref. Takaichigunasukamura Misono 137-1
近鉄飛鳥駅の駅前にあり、電車の時間まで1時間くらいあったので、立ち寄りました。 夕方の時間帯のためか、店内は他に１組のみで空いていました。 昼食は済ませていたので、デザートセットわ注文しました。バナナケーキとカボチャチーズケーキを選びましたが、バナナケーキは想像通りの味、もう少ししっとりめが個人的には好きです。カボチャチーズケーキが美味しかったです。あまりチーズ感はありませんが、暖かくてカボチャ感...
Nara Main Areas
With a reputation almost as stellar as that of Kyoto, Nara is a must-visit for those searching for the remains of âtraditional Japan.â The largely green Nara city holds the majority of the prefecture's treasures, such as the iconic Todai-ji Temple, in which a 15-meter tall Great Buddha sits, and Nara Park, where deer flock to befriend passersby. While mountains are by no means hard to come by in this area, for hiking with a reward, head to the Kii Mountains' Yoshino district in spring, when the hillsides put on an impressive display of white and pink cherry blossoms.
Best of Nara
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa