Ramen in Gifu
Recommended new articles
Local Food of Takayama
- From the morning markets to the countless restaurants and food stands, food plays an important role in the city and Takayama residents are very proud of their local cuisine. In the spring, over the last weekend of April, there is an annual festival to celebrate the area’s unique fare. The sight of crowds enjoying the many local snacks is set to the sounds of taiko drums and the cries of vendors selling their wares. Some of the dishes you can try are Hida beef takoyaki, mitarashi dango and smoked aka fish. Hida beef takoyaki Takayama Ramen, also known as Chuka Soba, is made from bonito flakes and a soy-sauce-based soup, topped with pork fillet, sprouts and menma (fermented bamboo shoots). What makes Takayama’s variation on this common dish stand apart is the uniquely thin and curly noodles, similar to those used in Chinese cuisine. There are plenty of ramen stores to choose from in the Takayama area, and you can even buy instant ramen from the souvenir shops. Nakatsubo is the city’s oldest ramen shop and has a reputation for producing Takayama’s best Chuka Soba. Run by a family who can speak a little English, Nakatsubo specialises in simple Takayama ramen with a choice of simple toppings like extra pork or spring onion. Nakatsubo rests on a corner in the Suehiromachi area on the station side of the Miyagawa river and is open from 11am until 11pm. Takayama Ramen ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- Gifu Takayama-shi Honmachi 3-58
I had this ramen after a very tiring day and cold night. It was a very warming and simple taste. I was immediately refreshed with the soup and the pork really compliments the ramen. I also enjoyed...
- Mametengu Main Store
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Hachikenmachi 2-62
We ate very nice ramen for lunch. No waiting time at all, friendly staff, clean place. Would love to come back soon! Thanks for this meal.
- YAYOI-SOBA Main Shop
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Honmachi 4-23
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Asahimachi 30
遅い昼食になってしまったため、他の中華そば屋が閉まっていたりして、こちらにたどり着きました。 何かオーソドックスな高山ラーメンを楽しめました。 お店の中は少し、居酒屋風な感じも。 高山市記念館の近くに駐車して、ぶらぶら歩いてきましたが、こちらは駐車場完備でした。（汗）
- Tsuzumi Soba
- Gifu Pref. Takayamashi Asahimachi 52
8月に行きました。高山ラーメンを食べようと幾つかネットで探しましたが、暑いのにどこも結構混んでます。表通りから少し入ったこのお店、割と空いており地元の方風のお客さんが入ってので、思い切って入りました。 リーズナブルで、待たずに高山ラーメンが頂けます。満足。 Good Ramen shop but unknown, if you dont have long time for lunch...
Tucked away in the very center of Japan, Gifu prefecture houses mountains, old towns, and one of Japan’s greatest hot springs, Gero Onsen. A tour of the prefecture’s traditional architecture will take you from the mountain-enveloped wooden streets of Takayama to the mountain village of Shirakawago, where visitors can explore 250-year-old thatched roofed houses known as gassho-zukuri.
Best of Gifu
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa