Food&Drink in Gujo / Mino / Seki
Recommended new articles
Happa Stand: Café in Mino City
- “Not Old, be Classic” is the shop slogan and very much Yosuke-san’s outlook when working on furthering the shop’s brand identity. Everything from the graphic design to the presentation of the menu items is crisp and clean, but has obvious deep roots in classic Japanese thought and aesthetics. Yosuke Sato is the owner of Happa Stand, a modern and very trendy tea room set in an old merchant’s house in the heart of Mino City. The menu consists of various organic teas including matcha, sencha and houjicha – all made using tea leaves hand-picked from the shop’s own private tea farm and a selection of milks including cow’s milk, soy milk and almond milk. Drinks are available both hot and iced, as well as in latte form, for either drink-in or take-out. It’s not all about tea here though! They also serve a selection of delicious home-made tofu ice creams and a Matcha Set which comes with Japanese sweets. The back wall is also lined with a display of carefully selected lifestyle goods that are for sale including all things tea related like tea-pots, tea-cups and boxes of loose tea leaves. Particularly eye-catching and popular are the Happa Stand tenugui – a long strip of cloth long used in Japan for a number of things including wrapping one’s items for the day in. ©NAVITIME JAPAN. Travel Info Check out our travel tips to make your trip better!
- Tokai Hokuriku jidoshado hirugano Kogen SA keishoku corner
- Gifu Pref. Gujoushi Takasuchouwashimi 5329-2
After crawling out of Nagoya and hitting the expressway for about an hour, we decided to stop here as its just about the largest SA on the expressway. Ticket machines for a light lunch, some...
- Gifu Seki-shi Sannodori 1-chome 3-29
I got this recommendation from my Airbnb hostess who just lived 6 minutes or so from the restaurant. Gotta trust the locals when they tell you there’s this unagi kabayaki place that is one of the...
- Sobasho Matsui
- Soba / Udon
- Gifu Pref. Gujoushi Hachimanchoukajiyamachi 774-2
The best place in Gujo to try real soba noddles. We try cold soba noddles and assorted tempura. Before to finish your soba the give you a hot pot of soba water, you must mix with the sauce where you...
- Soba HIRAJIN
- Soba / Udon
- Gifu Gujo-shi Hachimancho Honmachi 870
On the way to Takayama-Shi we decided to try the soba in Gujo. There’re two good soba eatery there and we managed to eat in Soba no Hirajin (rated #2 in TripAdvisor) and we would rate it excellent...
- Sumibiyaki Unagi Uotora
- Kushiage/Kushikatsu Fried Skewer Cuisine
- 953 Hachiman-cho Shin-machi, Gujo, Gifu
It was before 12:00 pm when I got in, a staff asked us how many persons. I said 3 persons. But suddenly the owner came out and said that all food sold out. I am not sure if it was because I am a...
Tucked away in the very center of Japan, Gifu prefecture houses mountains, old towns, and one of Japan's greatest hot springs, Gero Onsen. A tour of the prefecture's traditional architecture will take you from the mountain-enveloped wooden streets of Takayama to the mountain village of Shirakawago, where visitors can explore 250-year-old thatched roofed houses known as gassho-zukuri.
Best of Gifu
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa