Shrines in Nagasaki
Recommended new articles
Commune with Nature at Narao’s Banyan Tree Shrine
- Not far from Narao Port, on the southern peninsula of Nakadori Island, where ferries arrive from Nagasaki and Fukue, sits the most famous tree on the island. The banyan tree rises like a natural tori gate on the approach to a shrine—and a shrine has been installed in its base. The tree has been dated to the 14th century and has become a noted power spot, to use the language of Japanese tourist guides.
- Watazumi Shrine
- Nagasaki Pref. Tsushimashi Toyotamamachini Wanomiya 55
Yo you heard about the tori? These thing look like a gate, tou can walk through some of them but some is in the water. The Tsushima peoples believe that when you go through the gate tou go to the...
- Wakamiya Inari-jinja Shrine
- Nagasaki Pref. Nagasakishi Irabayashi 2-10-2
Was originally looking for the statue of Ryoma Sakamotos Boots, which is on the same hillside. Then fortunately found this shrine first;) The shrine itself is quite small, but its vivid colors and...
- Tachibana Shrine
- Nagasaki Unzen-shi Chijiwacho Ki 529
Tachibana Shrine is dedicated to army lieutenant colonel Shuta Tachibana who became famous in the Russo-Japanese War which occurred during the beginning on the 20th century. Tachibana Shrine is a...
- Omura Shrine
- Nagasaki Omura-shi Kushima 1-chome 34
A quiet Shrine. Not much people here. It got a white Torii and a few stone Torii in the Omura Park. The Inari shrine next to Omura Shrine is also stunning. The whole shrine was orange and there are...
- Sumiyoshi Shrine
- Nagasaki Iki Ashibecho Sumiyoshihigashifure 470
This hidden corner of the country is rural Japan at its best, where underground activity is to thank for active volcanoes and bubbling natural hot springs along the Shimabara Peninsula as well as the crystal clear waters of the Goto Islands off the west coast. Less well known than Hiroshima's Peace Memorial Park, Nagasaki commemorates its own past at the Nagasaki Peace Park, which sits alongside the charming Meganebashi stone bridge and a mix of religious buildings with beautiful architecture, such as the Zen Buddhist Sofukuji Temple, the Confucian Shrine, and the Oura Christian Church.
Best of Nagasaki
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa