Shrines in Yamaguchi
- Motonosumi Inari Shrine
- Yamaguchi Pref. Nagatoshi Yuyatsuou 498
- Hofu Tenman-gu Shrine
- Yamaguchi Pref. Houfushi Matsuzakichou 14-1
We heard this is an important shrine in Hofu so we planned for a trip. It is one of Japan’s leading Tenman-gu (shrines sacred to the God of Academic Learning) which ranked alongside the Dazaifu...
- Iwakuni Shirohebi Shrine
- Yamaguchi Pref. Iwakunishi Imadumachi 6-4-2
- Kotozaki Hachimangu Shrine
- Yamaguchi Pref. Ubeshi Kamiube Omakoji 571
A great moment on September, they held Matsuri in Shrines yard. Ubes people very nice and friendly to foreigner.
- Suonokuni Ichinomiya Tamanooya Shrine
- Yamaguchi Pref. Houfushi Osaki 1690
Heading west along Japan’s largest island, Honshu, the very last prefecture you’ll reach is Yamaguchi, separated from Kyushu by a small strip of water known as the Kanmon Straits, which the far-reaching harbor city Shimonoseki looks over. With water at every turn, the seafood of Yamaguchi is an indisputable highlight, and we’re not talking just the usual fish dishes—the notorious fugu, or puffer fish, is a Japanese delicacy that was discovered in Yamaguchi prefecture, making it the best place to try it out.
Best of Yamaguchi
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa