Aquarium Spots in Yamaguchi Area
- Shimonoseki Marine Science Museum “Kaikyokan”
- Leisure / Hobbies
- Yamaguchi Prefecture Shimonoseki City Ikaport 6-1
- The Shimonoseki Marine Science Museum, affectionately known as “Kaikyokan,” is an aquarium in the Karato district of Shimonoseki City which opened in 2001. The Museum is famous for its collection of over 100 species of Fugu (Pufferfish) from all over the world and for its exhibit of a complete skeleton of a Blue Whale. Must-sees include the “Humboldt Penguin Special Conservation Area,” where visitors can observe a recreation of the habitat of the Humboldt Penguin, which lives in areas with a warm climate, and performances featuring dolphins and sea-lions.
Shimonoseki is famous for puffer fish. But I cant remember seeing so many species of puffer fish in an aquarium. In general, an enjoyable visit.
- Nagisa Aquarium
- Leisure / Hobbies
- Yamaguchi Pref. Oshimagunsuouoshimachou Ihota 2211 - 3 Nagisa park
- An aquarium in Suo-Oshima Town, Oshima County, Yamaguchi Prefecture. Located in Nagisa Park the aquarium shows fish that were acquired by the caretakers or caught in nearby waters by local fisherman. Adults and children visiting the aquarium can try feeling living sea creatures in the Petting Corner and Touching Pool.
2歳未満の子供を連れて家族で行きました。陸奥記念館と同じ敷地にある、この水族館は、とても海洋生物との距離を近く感じました。 中でも心惹かれたのが「ニホンアワサンゴ」で、表示に「世界初！！ニホンアワサンゴの人工繁殖に成功！！」と書かれていました。 見た目も魅力的で、手塚治虫の世界を思わせるような風貌でした。 また、行ってみたいです。 I went in families with a...
Heading west along Japan’s largest island, Honshu, the very last prefecture you’ll reach is Yamaguchi, separated from Kyushu by a small strip of water known as the Kanmon Straits, which the far-reaching harbor city Shimonoseki looks over. With water at every turn, the seafood of Yamaguchi is an indisputable highlight, and we’re not talking just the usual fish dishes - the notorious fugu, or puffer fish, is a Japanese delicacy that was discovered in Yamaguchi prefecture, making it the best place to try it out.
Best of Yamaguchi
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa