Aquarium Spots in Gifu Area
- World Freshwater Aquarium
- Leisure / Hobbies
- Gifu Pref. Kakamigaharashi Kawashimakasadamachi 1453
- The World Freshwater Aquarium recreates a natural freshwater environment with a focus on fish found in the Nagara River from its source to the river mouth, and freshwater fish from around the world. The aquarium houses around 220 species of fish and amphibians totaling about 20,000 animals, and about 30 species of aquatic plants with about 2,000 plants in all. The aquarium features the world’s largest river environment learning zone and one of the world’s leading displays on breeding freshwater animals. The whole building is easily accessible for wheelchair users, and there is a restaurant and shops selling original goods. It is also possible to hire out the aquarium and restaurant after closing as a venue for events.
- Forest Aquarium
- Leisure / Hobbies
- Gifu Takayama-shi Nyukawacho Gonbo 532
- "An aquarium that's part of the Takumi no Yakata Museum. It's in a traditional farmhouse built in 1882 by Kawajiri Jisuke, a master carpenter in the Hida lineage. Recreating a rich riparian environment, the aquarium has about 3,000 freshwater fish. These include large iwana char that are no longer found in Hida, nearly extinct kajika, and roughly one-meter long Sakhalin taimen. You can also experience garra rufa, also known as ""doctor fish,"" that eat dead skin."
まず、中を案内され 1人/５００円を徴収。JAFカードで1人/450円になります。 コーヒーor麦茶がついてきます。 中の建物を見て、昔の風景のジオラマを見て、馬のコウキくんと少しふれあい、外の水族館を案内されます。 外の水族館だけというのは、無理なようです。 馬のコウキくんは、お手? (笑)とか出来てしつけられてます。 とても可愛いです。時間的には、30分くらいで見終わってしまう感じですね。
Tucked away in the very center of Japan, Gifu prefecture houses mountains, old towns, and one of Japan's greatest hot springs, Gero Onsen. A tour of the prefecture's traditional architecture will take you from the mountain-enveloped wooden streets of Takayama to the mountain village of Shirakawago, where visitors can explore 250-year-old thatched roofed houses known as gassho-zukuri.
Best of Gifu
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa