Market Spots in Iwate Area
- Direct Sales Depot / Market
- Miyako City Fish and Vegetable Market
- Iwate Pref. Miyakoshi Satsukichou 1-1
- This market is located in Miyako City, Iwate Prefecture. It sells fresh seafood and processed marine products from the early morning. Their item selection includes not only seafood but vegetables and flowers raised by local farmers. It is known as the community kitchen, and is a market where people interact. In addition, they also pack and ship items purchased as souvenirs.
- Sunfish Kamaishi
- Iwate Pref. Kamaishishi Suzukochou 2-1
- A shopping complex located a short walk from Kamaishi Station on the Kamaishi Line in Kamaishi City, Iwate Prefecture. Here you'll find shops like Shichibeya Shoten and Azumasengyo-ten which sell dark sleeper, salmon from Sanriku Kamaishi, and other fresh seafood as well as foods like dried fish and pickled fish. There are also numerous restaurants serving Kamaishi ramen, and rice bowls piled high with tasty seafood treats like ikura salted salmon roe and sea urchin. The facility is also connected by skyway to Sea Plaza Kamaishi on the other side of the road, making this a convenient place to pick up all kinds of gifts and souvenirs.
- Ganso Shizukuishi Light Truck Market
- Iwate Iwate-gun Shizukuishicho
- Located about a five-minute walk from JR Shizukuishi Station, this morning market is held on the Shizukuishi Yosharedori Shopping Arcade with it closed to vehicular traffic, and has hawkers directly selling their best products from rows of light trucks. There are many products unique to the production area such as fresh vegetables, fruits, marine products, crafts, items rarely seen, and highly discounted goods. There are also other fun events. It is held on the first Sunday of every month from May to November (the second Sunday only in July). There is a shuttle bus that operates between the parking lot, market area and Shizukuishi Station when the market is open.
- Shiwa Marche
- Iwate Shiwa-gun Shiwacho Shiwa Chuo Ekimae 2-3-3 OGALPLAZA Nai
- Rikuzentakata no 9 no Ichi
- Iwate Rikuzentakata-shi Kesencho Machiura
- Rikuzentakata no 5 no Ichi
- Iwate Rikuzentakata-shi Takatacho Omachi
- Kuji no Ichi Hi
- Iwate Kuji-shi
- Sakari Kimachi no Morning Market
- Iwate Ofunato-shi Sakaricho
- Iwate Pref. Hachimantaishi Obuke Dai21chiwari
A northern Tohoku prefecture promising peace and quiet, Iwate is sparsely populated, replacing people with snow-capped mountains, history-rich sites, and fields of crops that are to thank for the region's delicious local cuisine. Meander along the three-city Golden Route, where you'll visit the grand Buddhist temples of Hiraizumi and the Tono folk villages before tasting the three famed noodle dishes of Morioka.
Best of Iwate
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa