Direct Sales Depot / Market Spots in Otaru Area
- Otaru / Kiroro / Shakotan
- All areas
- Niseko / Rusutsu
- Asahikawa / Sounkyo
- Kushiro / Akan / Nemuro / Kawayu / Kussharo
- Otaru / Kiroro / Shakotan
- Ishikari / Sorachi / Chitose
- Obihiro / Tokachi
- Wakkanai / Rumoi
- Toya / Noboribetsu / Tomakomai
- Hidaka / Erimo
- Hakodate / Onuma / Matsumae
- Furano / Biei / Tomamu
- Abashiri / Kitami / Shiretoko
- Direct Sales Depot / Market
- Shin Nantaru Market
- Hokkaido Otarushi Chikkou 8-11
- Opened in 1999, this market place consists of 25 specialty stores of professional connoisseurs and craftsmen. Popular among the people of Otaru as well as tourists, Shin Nantaru Market is a place where food from Hokkaido ranging from fresh fish to processed goods such as seafood, meat, fruit and vegetables can all be found. Plenty of good-quality food can be bought at reasonable local prices, and the media can often be found here. There’s also a dining hall in the market where you can get some sushi or a bowl of rice topped with plenty of fresh seafood. The nearest station is Minami-Otaru Station.
We went back twice as the seafood are very fresh and a lot of varieties and vendors that you can choose from.
- Nantaru Market
- Hokkaido Otarushi Shintomichou 12-1
- The market, located five minutes away from JR Otaru Station, is vibrant and highly popular with local customers and tourists. The prototype was created in the early Showa era around 1930. Afterward, it took its current form in 1968, vibrant with nearly 30 stores in a building with a retro feel. In addition to the fishery and agricultural products unique to Hokkaido, there are many processed foods using local seasonal ingredients, fresh seafood like sashimi and dried fish, and also stores shipping locally. Besides that, the lineup has a rich variety, including food, household products and fresh flowers.
Stop by on the way from Sapporo to Otaru. A small local market with friendly hawker. Sells fruits, vege, seafood, fried/cooked food and groceries. Surprisingly the toilet is sooo clean, thumbs up!
- Rinyu Morning Market
- Hokkaido Otarushi Ironai 3-10-15
- This is a market which opens early in the morning from four o’clock and has seafood lined up in a row for sale. It is a popular morning market for locals and tourists. There is also a restaurant that will cook the ingredients you bring which have been purchased in the morning market, so you can have the luxury of tasting fresh seafood.
A 15-minute stroll from Nord Otaru Hotel to this small local market displaying variety of sea creatures you could possibly select for a taste. The ‘Otaru-don’ is a specialized dish of the day (depend...
- Otaru‧Rinyu Morning Market Naka Oki Fishery
- Hokkaido Otaru-shi Ironai 10-15
Not just a prefecture but an island of its own, Hokkaido is the most northerly prefecture and island of the Japanese archipelago. Arriving in Hokkaido, which is rural and bursting with breathtaking nature, means entering a world where vast national parks, towering mountains, and natural hot springs can be found at every turn. Come December, these natural splendors freeze over and morph into a winter wonderland.
Best of Hokkaido
Search by Region
- Hokkaido / Tohoku
- Koshinetsu / Hokuriku
- Kyushu / Okinawa